I am linking up to I Heart Recess again to showcase my blog with less than 100 followers :) I hope that changes soon! So here we go:
1. Why did you start blogging?
Honestly, I started blogging to try to build up my TPT career. However, I must admit that since I started blogging I spend much more time looking and reading other people's blogs than creating new products for TPT :) That's what summer's for, right?
2. What is your favorite subject to teach and why?
I love teaching social studies! There are so many fun things you can do with the first grade curriculum and you can give the kids many opportunities to be creative. I love the openness of the curriculum.
3. Describe your teaching style.
I am definitely an activity based teacher. I hate when my kids are just doing worksheets and seat work, although there are some worksheets that go along with other activities... that's okay right? I like my kids to be up and moving and doing what they want to do. Since day 1 of teaching, I have always offered my kids a choice in the bulk of their work. For center time, I have way more centers than they can complete in a week and their job is just to choose 5 that they want to do. I have also tried really hard to make them responsible for their learning with different social studies and science projects where they have to present the information back to me.
To sum it up.... I am definitely not a teacher who ever sits down :)
4. Give three interesting facts about you.
* I am slightly obsessed with meeting my bucket list goal of getting to all 50 states before I am 30 and am trying to figure out how to fit those last in before 2 years passes :) I have Nebraska, Hawaii, Alaska, North Dakota and Washington left!
* I Irish Danced growing up which is a fun talent to bring out around St. Patrick's Day with my kiddos!
* I can recite every episode of Friends to you :)
5. Do you have a TPT store?
Yes! Here it is! Any feedback you all can offer me on how to make my products better, I would greatly appreciate it. My goal this summer is to go back and add fancy covers to some of my first products (now that I understand how to do that!)