Friday, May 17, 2013

Five for Friday!

I decided this morning that Fridays just have a natural high that go along with them... who's with me?  I was in such a better mood today that I am any other day of the week :)  Especially since we only have two Fridays left now!

Here's the Five for Friday!!


So here we go:

1. The Sound of Music
I have a sudden desire to watch the Sound of Music!  It is such a great movie and today when we were doing our Travel Fridays, we went to Austria - of course the home of the Sound of Music.  I entered some snippets to talk about the history of that movie and the importance of edelweiss in the country.... listening to the music made me want to watch it. Maybe tonight :)  Has anyone done the Sound of Music tour in Salzburg?  If you are ever there, its worth the trip!

2. New Testing Magic Trick
I don't mind doing the reading tests with my kids.  It is a great tool to see how much they have grown, but I hate doing it while the rest of my class is working too.  I don't give my kids quiet seat work during testing... they carry on with their centers as normal, but sometimes get a little loud.  Yesterday I decided to give each of them a ticket at the beginning of my 45 minute reading/testing block.  If they still had the ticket at the end, they could enter it into a drawing to sit in my rolly chair for the day.  They loved it :)  I think it will work... at least for the rest of testing - and so simple!

3. ABC Countdown Update
Today was "M" Day... which I designated as listen to fun Music day.  I spent some time last night downloading Kids Bop versions of my favorite songs.  They kids LOVED it and could surprising dance, work and sing at the same time.  Its fun hearing them sing along to some of these songs.

4. Christmas for Teachers
We got our total of how much money we could spend today on school supplies for last year... granted it is almost half the amount I use to get :(  stupid budget cuts, but I don't care.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE buying new supplies.  I am sure I am not the only teacher out there who gets excited for Back to School sales?  Anyway, after all the construction paper, new markers, poster board, paint, etc I still have 30 dollars left to spend -- any suggestion for must-have supplies?? 

5. The Ellen DeGeneres Show
Does anyone watch Ellen?  Did you see this kid?  He's so cute!!  You have to watch THIS
Have a great weekend!
Annie

6 comments:

  1. I love your idea for testing! Will use it in the fall since I've already finished my spring assessments. This week I received most of my supplies for next year and I'm so excited!

    Sarah
    Learning is for Superstars
    Learning is for Superstars is on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love getting supplies too! We order ours by putting how many of each item we want and crossing our fingers that we get it all! Do you shop for your own?

    Sarah
    A Sunny Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. Gosh. That video is the cutest thing I have ever seen!!! :)

    If you don't have a GOOD pencil sharpener... electric one that is... that is what I would put the extra $$$ towards! :)

    Kelli
    Surviving the Little People

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I just found your blog through Five For Friday and am your newest follower. It even looks like we started blogging about the same time. Gotta love Kidz Bop, clean versions of their favorite songs. Isn't it funny how they know all the words, but can't learn their math facts, lol! I second the good electric pencil sharpener. Or new goodies from TPT, they take purchase orders and it's really easy.
    Meghan
    First Grade Hugs and High Fives

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome idea for testing!! I love it! I also love The Sound of Music. It is one of my husband's favorites too! Thanks for visiting my blog.
    Deirdre
    A Burst of First

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I saw that video with the little one on Friday!! I love that song and he did such a great job. =)

    I'm your newest follower, drop by.


    Just Wild About Teaching

    ReplyDelete