1. It was teacher appreciation week. I received these beautiful flowers on flower day! I love them!
2. We worked hard on our Mother's Day projects all week... but particularly ALL day today. We made a couple of things, but our main thing was this cute book... I Love You Like You Love Me (A book of similes!). The kids were very creative in these. We had "I love you like bees love honey." "I love you like dogs love bones." "I love you like the moon loves the stars." I don't agree with the following picture (Go Redskins!) but it was a very creative idea!
3. We started testing this week, which I find to be challenging at times. I like for the class to be as quiet as possible while each child is reading to me... this can be tough when they are doing Centers as normal! I have these special friends, Mr. Potato Head and Mr. Cow. They like to sit on desks of students who are working hard. Every 10 minutes they "venture" to a new desk to watch another hard worker. They love it.
4. I love teaching money. We made these cute coin animals this week. Look how well this one turned out:
5. My best friend is getting hitched in 2 weeks! I am so excited for her... and this weekend I need to head out to buy shoes. I love a good reason to buy new shoes :) I am thinking these:
Have a great weekend!