First of all, I have been VERY neglectful of my blog. Now that school is gearing up again, I am back and will pay more attention to my poor little blog. I plan to start this week which is perfect because Blog Hoppin is hosting the 2013 Teacher Week. So here I am linking up for day 1 and you get to learn all about me :) Here it goes!
1. I am about to enter my sixth year teaching. I have taught first grade the whole time and cannot believe it is already my sixth year teaching! I am trying to wrap my mind about going back, but haven't quite gotten there yet. I am heading back in tomorrow to get my booty into gear!
2. I have lived in Northern Virginia my whole life and I love it here!
3. My husband and I are both teachers so we love to travel any chance we get. He has had the opportunity to teach abroad in Hungary and we both hope that once we have a family we will move abroad to teach somewhere awesome.
4. Speaking of traveling, I added 3 states to my list this summer. I officially only have 5 states left to get all 50 before I am 30. I still have some tough ones to get to - Hawaii and Alaska. I also need Washington, North Dakota and Nebraska! My husband said he'll take me to Hawaii for my 30th to end my bucket list goal! I have 2 years to finish.
5. I am a HUGE Redskins fan. I love that we had a good season last year and I can't wait for football season to start this year.
6. I grew up Irish Dancing. I love bringing it out ever St. Patrick's Day and teaching my kiddos how to Irish Dance. They love it!
7. I can recite all lines from Friends. I love that show and was really hoping for a reunion soon, but it sounds like that fizzled out.
8. I enjoy running and have done a few races in the area. I've done a triathlon and a couple half-marathons. I had an achilles injury in the fall and am just getting back into running.... very slowly, but am contemplating training for a marathon.... I just need someone to push me into it!
9. I still talk to my elementary school teachers on occasion. I hope some of my students still talk to me when they grow up!
10. I am addicted to counting my steps every day, especially at school!
Well I hope you learned a little bit about me and make sure you go link up to Blog Hoppers for their 2013 Teacher Week!
On another note, instead of writing a different post... I just finished my word study unit for the WHOLE year. You can buy the whole year's worth of word study units for just 16 dollars! Its on sale until Thursday. Unfortunately, it is such a massive document it is split into Part 1 and Part 2. I have 55 word sorts available for you and each sort has 10 activities. Head over to my TPT store!