I am no longer teaching first grade. I had a beautiful baby girl, Julianna, in May and was offered a part time kindergarten position at a school less than a mile from my house! To get into this school, I decided to give kindergarten a try and go part-time for the year. I LOVE kindergarten and am enjoying every day! I do miss first grade though... so if ever presented with the opportunity to choose between the two, it would be tough.
Even though I am part time, my afternoons are spent playing with Julianna. I had fully intended to make TPT products and blog, but that just wasn't happening. I am still going to work hard to add some products to my store, but for now, I'll blog. Every day I am going to share my 3, 2, 1. You will get:
3 things that went well that day.
2 things I am looking forward to tomorrow.
1 thing a kid did to make me smile.
So here you go:
First Day Back From Break in 3... 2... 1...
1. My kids were much more awake than I anticipated this morning and super excited to be back at school.
2. I changed the morning work and made it more challenging, where they had to write the days for yesterday, today and tomorrow... they rose to the challenge.
3. All of the hugs and welcome back smiles were a nice way to get back into things after two weeks of break!
1. Tomorrow we are starting out math centers for telling time. I love teaching telling time and I hope they enjoy some of the fun games I have made. I will post a picture of them playing the games tomorrow and provide a link to where you can buy it online!
2. Tomorrow, we are going to start comparing needs and wants. We briefly discussed it today with a fabulous book: Flakey the Naked Snowman. It is about a snowman who doesn't have any clothes because he gave the all to people who needed it more! If you haven't read it, I suggest giving it a go!
1. Two of my kids came into today, who I have been working hard with on their handwriting... and were rocking the handwriting! They were writing so small and neatly and were so proud of themselves! It was a great start to the new year!
What was your day like in 3... 2... 1...?
Until tomorrow! I hope I can keep this New Year's Resolution going!!