Tuesday, September 2, 2014

September Currently

Good Morning!  I am linking up with Farley for September's Currently! Here it goes!

It is the first day of school today.  I am up, enjoying my coffee and my husband is downstairs watching Seinfeld, maybe a first day of school pick me up?  Normally he isn't up this early, but I think the excitement of the day has us both up and running before the sun!

Even though this is my seventh year teaching, I still couldn't sleep last night and the anticipation of the first day is killing me.  I hope we get to do everything I have planned for the day and it all goes smoothly.  As long as they all make it on the correct bus to get home, I will be happy!  

Even though I am wide awake, another hour of sleep wouldn't hurt.  I have a feeling an early bed time will be up for tonight!

The three trips section was fun :)  I love to travel!  We spent our summer in Alaska and Southeast Asia. I have yet to make it to Hawaii.  It is one of the 3 states I have left to visit and we will probably save it for last.  I've always wanted to go to South Africa and New Zealand as well!

Happy first day of school to all of you guys starting today and have a great September!  I am ready for some football and fall weather :)


3 comments:

  1. hah! I often wonder when my first day jitters will go away, too. I'm on year number 5, and I still get butterflies. :)

    I think we're all with you on the extra hour of sleep! Now that school's in session, I get up at 4 am to workout before school {you know, so I can stay at work until 7 pm and not miss my workout... ugh}. I am d.r.a.g.g.i.n.g!

    ~Mrs. K. from The Teacher Garden Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, Seinfeld is one of my favorite shows! I'm ready for fall weather and fall clothes too! I'm a first grade teacher too! I'm glad I found your blog through the link up. I can't wait to read it more when I have some extra time!
    Melissa
    Keep Calm and Love First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your first day of school went wonderfully :)

    ReplyDelete