Sunday, October 13, 2013

Small Moments Writing Unit

I love fall Sundays... I love sitting and watching football and creating things for my classroom.  Today I have finished my small moments unit!  Yes!  Writers' Workshop is planned for 3 weeks!!

My kids have really settled nicely into the Writers' Workshop routine this year.  They actually love this writing time and are trying their best during the whole 45 minute block.  I can't wait to start Small Moments with them.  I find small moments a bit challenging because the kids have a hard time focusing on ONE small moment, but we will work hard on it!  Below are some screen shots of my small moments unit, which is now available in my TPT store for the Promethean Board.  

Everyday I have a quick mini lesson (which are broken down by day with teacher notes in the flipchart).  My mini lessons focus on adding details and how to write a good story.  Then my students write for about 30 minutes before we share at the end of the block.







How do you run writers' workshop?

No comments:

Post a Comment