Monday, September 2, 2013

September Currently

I am doing two blog posts today so I can link up to Farley over that Oh Boy 4th Grade for her monthly currently!  Two blog posts should get me out of my blogging slump and ready for the school year right?!  Well here it is!
Listening: My husband never gives himself a chance to relax and has been working really hard to get ready for school.  He is a high school social science teacher and is great at what he does.  I am pleased he is sitting enjoying some relaxation and video games before day 1.

Loving: We spent the morning cleaning the house from top to bottom!  It is so much more calming to have a spotless house to get some work done :)

Thinking: Tomorrow is the first day of school.  I got to meet a lot of my kiddos last week and I think it will be a great year... but those first day jitters never go away, do they?  I would have thought by my 6th year I would be comfortable on the first day of school, but you never know what could happen!  I am hoping for a smooth day tomorrow!

Wanting: I have cleaned the house today... and wrote about my classroom on my blog... but that's it.  I need to do some prep work for tomorrow, but keep finding things to put it off... I want some motivation!

Needing: Fall!  I love Fall weather... its so humid right now in Virginia!  The first sign of fall comes this week (unless you knew the secret code to tell the barista at Starbucks to get an early one)... a pumpkin spice latte!  I can't wait for my weekly treat.

Me: We have been traveling and in and out so much this summer it has been hard to cook every day.  Now that school is back and we have a routine, I am looking forward to home cooked meals!  When school starts, we are super busy so I am hoping to get in at least 2 legit date nights this month.  I would also like to getaway for a weekend!  Last fall we were busy planning and prepping for our wedding... this fall, I am looking forward to enjoying more of the season (not that our wedding wasn't enjoyable, just busy!)

See you next month!!
Annie

2 comments:

  1. I love your goal of at least two date nights! I am totally going to have to try to at least set one date night a month...between work and the kids, the hubs and I don't take enough time for ourselves...have a great week!
    Can't Make This Stuff Up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have a goal of at least 2 date nights. My hubby and I need to do more of that! Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete