Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Groundhogs Day


Just a quick little blog about Groundhog's Day.  I was excited that he didn't see his shadow... after 3 feet of snow, an early spring sounds delightful.... although I will miss the possibility of snow days and delays.  Today we had a 2 hour delay because of ice so I was only with my kiddos for 2 hours... 30 minutes of which they were in library!  I had time to read my favorite Groundhog read aloud and do a quick craftivity!

What is your favorite Groundhog Read Aloud?  Mine is Go To Sleep Groundhog.  It is about a Groundhog that just can't get to sleep so he wakes up in October, November and December.... seeing things he's never seen before (Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas).  I love it and the kids enjoyed it too!


After we read the book, we created these pop up groundhogs.  I have seen it just so the pop up, but I decided (on my way to school this morning) to do one side as if he saw his shadow and one side if he didn't.  The kids enjoyed pretending to be the groundhog popping up.  They loved their puppets and it helped them remember which one meant 6 more weeks of winter or early spring.  I normally watch the groundhog on the weather channel with the kids... but we ran out of time!  I may show them tomorrow!




Happy Early Spring!

7 comments:

  1. Very nice and helpful information has been given in this article. http://awriter.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's unique and I interested about that, http://sejarawan.id

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate your idea here. Definitely http://awriter.org/grademiners-com-review
    it has a good content

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you to tell us so much useful information. I’m glad to read it. for more details you can go to below link…
    herbal incense for sale

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for another informative site. Where else could i get that type of information, written in such a perfect way.
    casio

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an informative post which is so clear and understandable. It is excellent information with unique content of this blog and it is very useful to know about the information based on blogs.
    Lifestyle Magazine India

    ReplyDelete
  7. The story of Groundhog's Day is mesmerizing. Lynn Business Tutoring of Boca Raton . The kids have done a good art work

    ReplyDelete